Tuesday, September 22, 2009

IPMG Chapter 2: Some 40 Mins.of that night.

It's a good time to write this. 
Bosses gone to the next town and I am done with my assignment.I know you won't believe this change so believe this ,work pressure here is lesser than we had those days.
From quite a some time I've been in the roller coaster of thoughts, how the time was at IPMG? And perhaps there is no right answer as good or bad (as sapto says). It was a mixture of so many new and usual things. It was full of reality checks, complains, some whining, tests, things not much worth mentioning and after all tagged as 360' learning.

There were categories of tasks for self: Things I didn't want to learn, things I was too lazy to change, things looked impossible, things I kept on repeating and a reason I went there- my aspirations.

Whatever, there are events stored in mind, seem worth recalling. The most are the time spent with people apart from some aw some lectures and a few projects we did in group.

First years' memories are yet not hazy. It's hard to forget the Hardships of 'Shreyashram days'. The starting of my busiest ever life, and perhaps for many from pgp07. I consider my self quite poor in time management with the toppings of laziness. Only person could compete with me was Khokhar. Personally those were indeed tough days.

But, right now what's coming in my mind is that night of some 40 mins, I guess exactly 2 years before. Ronni & Sardar (believed to be amongst the smartest of my batch) resided next to my neighbours khokhar(about him ..later) and Paradeep(I call him so), started playing garba on laptop (the weapon we had to do so many things those days).
That started just like that. Famous for his dancing, the duo wanted all to join for gujju folk dance, which is not unknown. Ronnie popular for his jellying nature, walked faster than he usually does towards the wing of unknown sincere people ( it took some months to rem, who resided in those rooms). Yes but devils of desires are everywhere and in everyone. Ronni has that sense somehow, and so he found some.
The dad of drama Bibhu Ranjan Das and some more folks. Rudra came up, but thought to watch and wait till he feels the steps are comfortably 'nice' in case any female trespasses the area of these fun loving tribe. Abhimanyu fond of Barati wala dance was very comfortable to join and was doing it the same way, perhaps he had Rajnigandha to forget the world around. Bunty (Vishaaalle' ) was roaming for prime time entertainment. (was from 1st floor)

[BTW:
There were 3 floors allotted to IPMG. And we had 3rd one. Our floor was just like this after 9 PM. You'll see fun starting till others floors have slept.]
Ya so bunty, happy to help joined with really irritating and funny jumpy steps. He never forget to clap with each 'S' directional body waving jumps. I think Khatri came later, was too fast to get-in. His command and Abhi made many people change the steps to Rajasthani style. I think Yugal was there too and he did it like Pro. He was too sincere. Prashant Sagar was there wearing smile (as usual) on his face. He wanted to enjoy too. [I might have missed few more folks like Pattnaik, Kuwarsa..were they there? ]
How to say this, but I was early to join. Surely I was waiting for this. Yes, I lacked the co-ordination of all kind. I looked like an odd entity in this, who should be conscious but managed to not to care. No body cared. I was enjoying. We were enjoying, because we didn't care how we looked. Slowly people gathered around, and I can imagine that light coming from the passage
failed to pass through the gathering. It got dimmer.
I found something about the gathering of folded hands, smiling faces and rotating eyes. 

That smile is to control the feeling of shyness. They are not witnessing, they are struggling to gather courage to step up in the circle of warmth. They are waiting for a pull.

[BTW: Place of the light was favourite to all. It was an open space kept in the middle of our wing. It had farms in front with large windows. It made our wing look like 'not a cell for prisoners'. 
           It was our meeting place for smoking, hanging clothes, watching NIFT gals from top and inside building. Later on it became the main spot to celebrate our birthdays.]
All started feeling that trans of time. The lyrics, alien language, culture and simple music was not a creating any barrier. We jumped till the energy meter came to bottom of our legs. It was the place, just out side Ronni/Saradar's room, a narrow walk way of hardly 6ft by 6ft area. All lent us that space for the joy we were into. Senior lent those 'good' speakers to the duo, as they were on Goa tour if I'm right. Even some females from 2nd floor balcony were tempted to peep in this unusual public appearance by the 'Corporates to Be'.
I can remember, this was the 1st crazy thing, we did there.

[BTW: Things passed smoothly, then there was one whole event hosted by Bibhu. I didn't witness it but heard from Ronni that, it was hilarious.]



3 comments:

  1. Hey Sagar,

    Reading your post made me literally relive those times for some moments. Longing for those sweet nothings....

    Keep up the good work,

    Best,

    Mohana Priya.S

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the best ever 'Ratri' of 'Navratri'. I wonder how you manage to write it down in words..

    Great Job dude..

    I am literally visualizing that night.. and lots of other things of 'Shreyashram'

    Let's meet at some hostel corridor again..

    Vaah sagar.. 'Majha aai gai'

    ....Ronnie.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. U forgot to mention us ... :-(

    ReplyDelete